In 2005 Toyota released their lineup of Tacoma Trucks with a new body design which included an all new composite plastic bed. Historically, every rack we had built up to this point mounted to a steel bed rail so we had to create a design that would work in conjunction with this composite material.
Check it out :
- Make and Model Specific Racks are CUSTOM BUILT for each model of 2005-Current Toyota Tacoma.
- Burly Schedule 10 Steel Pipe Construction – With a .120 wall, is the STRONGEST and most durable material used in production manufacturing of truck racks.
- Full-length formed angle iron mounting provides unmatched structural support and helps distribute weight evenly on your truck’s bedrail.
- Front attachment is made via Toyota’s factory bed bolts that are attached to the frame.
- Rear mounting utilizes the tail light stanchion, the only steel structure on the bed.
- Removable rear bar equipped with quick release “D-Clip” pins allows flexibility handling for taller loads.
- 4th Adjustable clamp-on cross bar comes stock with each rack.
- Rope Hooks allow for quick and easy tie downs.
- Gussets at the cross bars and overhand provide maximum structural integrity.
- “Candy Cane” loop design at the rear provides style to your rack.
- Rack finished with an Industrial-Grade Textured Black Powder Coat finish.
- Entire rack is packaged securely in one box system and includes all hardware to assemble the rack.
- Unlike many of our competitors, we’re PROUDLY BUILT IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Rack-it HD Rack specifically designed for the composite bed on the Toyota Tacoma. Gary Kank, Sales Manager of Rack-it Truck Racks, shows us the design and strength of the Rack-it design to create a HD rack system for a truck bed made of composite materials.
Robert Matzig, Production Manager for Rack-it and SureFit Truck Racks, gives us a demonstration of how to install the Rack-it and SureFit Truck Rack on the composite bed Toyota Tacoma pickup. Since this is a unique product and the installation is somewhat different than a steel bed pickup, this video should be informative and also show that this procedure is pretty easy as well.